Compensation from O2 for iPhone 3G issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by t0mat0, Jul 31, 2008.

1. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Anyone got any cases of compensation?

Personally I got a £5 back for a charge to get a PAYG SIM, and then £35 off the bill for the inconvenience caused.

Worth writing a letter off to the customer services department, especially if your issue took a while or is still ongoing.

2. jacg macrumors 6502a

jacg

I need compensation for many fruitless miles travelled and I still haven't got one. First attempt (4 days ago): had the last 16 gig in the shop in my hand but Carphone Warehouse's computer couldn't complete the transaction as my house didn't have a number, only a name. 2nd attempt: had the last 16 gig in the shop in my hand but the O2 store couldn't proceed with the credit check because my card is registered to a business address, where I also live.

I've now tweaked the card address with my bank to make it more obviously residential but I don't know how long that takes to filter through to the computers and zombies that work in these places. And all the 16s are gone now of course.

Someone doesn't want me to get one...

Anyone else had trouble? Would the staff in an Apple store be as powerless to help me?