Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jacobwilson99

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2012
Hey guys,

What are some competitive options for a photographer lookin for a monitor other than ATD.

Hopefully similar resolution, similar size 24"-27", similar connectivity (FireWire, USB). Are there any with thunderbolt connections yet?

Jacobwilson99

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2012
The Dell U2711 is one that comes to mind. I've heard it has a better color gamut than the ATD.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
I believe the ATD is unique in terms of offering FireWire, Thunderbolt and Ethernet connections.

The normal retail price for the Dell U2711 is the same as the ATD - $999 - so the ATD is the better value if you are connecting it to a TB-equipped Mac.

cosmicjoke

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2011
Portland, OR
Hey guys,

What are some competitive options for a photographer lookin for a monitor other than ATD.

Hopefully similar resolution, similar size 24"-27", similar connectivity (FireWire, USB). Are there any with thunderbolt connections yet?

I like the PLS monitor myself, the Samsung S27A850D.... it has a semi-AG coating, which is much less aggressive than the U2711 (and all the other matte IPS panels).... text looks much more crisp on it than a U2711, which is quite important to me for long periods of reading... It has 3 USB 3.0 ports on it FWIW.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.