Compilation Version/Firmware

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by CKtoph, Jun 18, 2010.

1. CKtoph macrumors 6502

I'm probably going to get ripped with the "try the search" for this, but I thought it would be a good idea.

Could someone post and sticky a list of the versions/basebands/firmwares with a simple O or X for whether it can be unlocked or jailbroken and with what tool?

I feel like a compilation list of this sort would help prevent so many unnecessary posts (mine included), and it would probably take those of you knowledgable in this regard less than 5 minutes to put such a list together.

(In my defense, for example, I am trying to figure out whether or not my 3G/3.1.3/05.12.01 can be unlocked, which I don't think it can be without downgrading (if possible?) or waiting for the unlock for iOS4 to be released next week. So, in my scenario, it'd be great to have a reference that I can check to see what my options are to unlock. In my situation, try searching 3G and/or 3.1.3 and/or 05.12.01 and/or 05.12.xx. The results are 1) 14 pages and 2) mostly unrelated.)

2. jlmitnick macrumors regular

Not a bad idea, although things are likely to look radically different from how they do now in the very near future, what with the iPhone 4 around the corner, the official iOS4 release in a few days, and the anticipated jailbreaks/unlocks.

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Since you have already asked this question, you actually know the answer

Actually, that has already been done here

4. CKtoph thread starter macrumors 6502

As for your first point, my question wasn't actually answered if you've bothered to read the thread.

And for your second, I thank you for the find. As I've clearly indicated, a search of the fields that I chose (3G, 3.1.3, 5.12.xx, etc) did not display such an amazing result.

I extend my deepest apologies for not being an expert in this regard. I should have completely and utterly devoted myself to the cause as you have obviously done.

Sarcasm aside, forums are designed for a purpose and if the search does not yield the desired results, a question is in order. I understand you get annoyed with people asking the same questions, but patience is a virtue, especially when all venues were exhausted ahead of time.

5. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

So you got exactly what you wanted with the second reply to your thread...how horrible.

Just because dhlizard pointed out your double post (which is against the rules) i don't think it warranted such mis-proportioned response, especially as he was the one to help you.

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

To be fair, that thread has not been updated to reflect Spirit or 4.0. I probably should update it at some point, but with things changing so fast, I think it's best to wait until we know more.

I am working up an upgrade guide, though. Its primary purpose is to convince people to wait until they've heard from the Dev-Team.

7. CKtoph thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you for the response. And you are 100% right, I think and hope that all will be answered on Monday with the release of iOS4. Hopefully it'll be as simple as upgrade to iOS4 > DevTeam tool > unlock/jailbreak. Maybe I should eat my own words and show some patience, heh.

8. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

MuscleNerd has indicated that if sherif_hashim's exploit is still present in the release version of 4.0 they will be recommending everyone upgrade to the new baseband. I infer from this that they will have an updated version of Redsn0w that will jailbreak all devices on 4.0 and an upgraded ultrasn0w that will unlock the 05.13.04 baseband. I assume that this is why they've been making the betas of Redsn0w 0.9.5 3G-only -- why waste time updating code for the old 3G exploit when you intend to use a whole new exploit in the release version?

That said, I think that we are likely to see Redsn0w for 3G-only released first, as well as an updated PwnageTool for people who wish to preserve their old baseband and unlock using the current version of ultrasn0w. I imagine they'll take a couple of weeks to test everything and make sure people get their SHSH on file before releasing their new tools. But maybe the Dev-Team will surprise us.