Compilations

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by i0Nic, Sep 29, 2007.

1. i0Nic macrumors 65816

What's up with the compilation feature on the touch? On previous ipods you could turn compilations on which meant that all the random artists wouldn't be included in the artist list. Without this feature, it makes browsing by artists worthless if you have a lot of compilations. Why haven't they enabled this feature in the settings, surely it wouldn't be that hard in the music settings to add it. If the ipod nano has had it for the last 2 years why can't the so called top of the line iPod.

If you have a lot of compilations then the iPod touch kinda sucks right now unfortunately.

2. mithykal macrumors regular

ive never used this feature as i dont relly understand it :eek:, what is it for?

3. marcol macrumors regular

This can't be true can it?

How does it deal with compilations in coverflow mode? Please don't say it has a separate pic of the album cover for every song/artist on a compilation!

4. modafroman macrumors member

No, it just has the artist of the first song show up in coverflow as the artist of the album.... its very annoying :(

5. i0Nic thread starter macrumors 65816

I just hate having a whole bunch of artists in artist view that I don't know, I like to only have artists on there that I have full albums of. In previous ipods you could turn this feature on and it would remove the artists on compilation cds, so if you want to browse your compilations you can do that via the Compilations view.

This is a pretty big deal IMO, it seriously affects my enjoyment of the device so now I have to go back and change the 'artist' field of the compilation track to the album name, and the 'song' field to including both the artist and the song. At least that way my artist list won't be cluttered, however I'll have a truncated song name.

6. russellelly macrumors regular

Argh. This is very annoying. Software update pretty please?