Compiling a .dylib on iOS

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by allejo, Mar 2, 2011.

1. allejo macrumors newbie

I am in need of help in compiling a toggle for SBSettings. I have the source code for the Locations Toggle and I'm trying to compile that as an example but I keep getting errors during compiling. I am compiling via command line on my iPhone using MobileTerminal as I do not have access to Xcode for development. I'm stuck on compiling and programming on my phone for the time being. Any help on how to compile a .dylib for SBSettings will be much appreciated. I have GCC and tool chain installed on my iPhone. I have listed the three differed methods I used for compiling.

My makefile:

My only source file:
    Thank you in advance.

2. lloyddean macrumors 6502a

Apple doesn't support dynamic libraries for App developers on iOS devices.

3. allejo thread starter macrumors newbie

Dylibs can be compiled on iOS for Cydia apps. All SBSettings Toggles are dylibs. So I know it's possible. I'm assuming something is outdated because it's referring to aspen and aspen hasn't been used since '08. Anyone have any idea on what I need to change or update?

4. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

I think there is your problem.
    This is Cydia, most of us (well at least me) are real iOS developers, not Cydia. Because of those programs, programs of us can get hacked. So I'm not a big supporter of those. Don't think these are the right forums for such a question.