Compiling C Files in Xcode is not working - warning: no rule to process file

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Reini, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Reini macrumors newbie

I want to use some existing C-modules in my new Xcode project. I have compiled them in Xcode with the File-type "Sourcecode.c". After a small work with Macros in this C-File no error are detected anymore and only the "Warning:no rule to process this file ..." is left.
    After that the Objective-C modules was compiled without any warning, but then the linker did not find the Functions in the C-Module. See in the screenshot.

For me it looks like that the C-precopmiler is working but after that the object file is not created.

Please help me!

Attached Files:

2. firewood macrumors 604

I just select "add to project" from my Xcode menu for new .c and .h files, check add to target, and the then they compile and link when I hit Build for my iPhone target. What are you doing different?

3. Reini thread starter macrumors newbie

I send you here my project testc

I also "add to project" my C files. I change the filetype to sourcecode.c per default it was sourcecode.c.c. But then I got the this 2 warnings.

Here I send my test project.

What is the different between sourcecode.c and sourcecode.c.c?

Attached Files:

4. firewood macrumors 604

If you had to change any file types, you did something wrong. Start over with a plain .c file and don't change anything.