Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

borgonuovo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
The new MBP Screen closes by itself when the base is inclined: basically, when you are lying in bed watching a movie, with your laps raised (generally, the most comfortable position to watch a good movie from;))
Now, i find that annoying, and apple should try to make the "bolts" harder so that the screen sticks in its position.
Even more annoying: this does not happen on the MB or on the MB-Air, because screens are lighter (while, I :rolleyes: suspect, the used "bolts" are exactly the same)

south8212

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2008
The new MBP Screen closes by itself when the base is inclined: basically, when you are lying in bed watching a movie, with your laps raised (generally, the most comfortable position to watch a good movie from;))
Now, i find that annoying, and apple should try to make the "bolts" harder so that the screen sticks in its position.
Even more annoying: this does not happen on the MB or on the MB-Air, because screens are lighter (while, I :rolleyes: suspect, the used "bolts" are exactly the same)

Glass is heavy. This is the best built hinge to date imo

grooveattack

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
i think i heard on another thread that apple have done this on purpose to make it easier and more accurate to adjust. not sure how it works out it real life but clearly not very well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.