Complaints about my MBP early 2008

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thadoggfather, Nov 12, 2008.

1. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

I've had it since march 2008 and lived with these flaws, but what do you guys think?

the backlight is far from uniform (but it seems like a lot/all MBP's are like this)
    with a black backdrop.

The macbook pro emblem has a "zit" on the M that can be seen easily (difficult to photograph though -- looks worse in person):
    http://i38.tinypic.com/5ff09c.jpg

Top part of the lid isn't properly cut:
    http://i35.tinypic.com/2cg2b9u.jpg

this part feels slightly loose sometimes (subtle):
    http://i33.tinypic.com/107tag3.jpg

The "up arrow" key feels like its hitting the shift button slightly (feels different), the keyboard is too squishy instead of clicky, and I can't tell if the trackpad freezes up every once in a while or I accidently am trying to drag something with the other finger on the pad (it's happened) but I swear the keypad every ONCE in a while freezes up (that I've taken notice) and I can't do anything for like 20 seconds...

and a slight gap when the toplid is closed (I know this is common, in addition to uneven backlights)

You guys think I should live with it/request individual repairs to address these flaws/request a replacement computer? What would you do?

2. duffyanneal macrumors 6502a

duffyanneal

Since you seem to be bothered by these issues I would recommend going to the local Apple Store and see what they say. The case issues are cosmetic and they may or may not be covered by the warranty. No harm in trying.

3. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

4. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

Apple Corps - of course not. Where's the humor? What do you think?

5. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

6. pik. macrumors 6502

pik.

live with it....love it for these details that make it unique....

I m having similar small issues but I love it...;)

use it...do not watch it...:p

7. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Sorry, I think you meant to say, "a little too OCD"...

8. Etrain macrumors 6502

Etrain

I got mine about 2 weeks ago. Here are some things I've noticed different with mine.

- Trackpad is slightly sunken in on the left side
    - Function keys are slightly misaligned with the right side skewed towards the screen
    - Trackpad sometimes doesn't recognize the right tap function
    - Very small gap on the reveal where the plastic gasket is on the left side.
    - Keyboard slightly sunken in the middle

All of the above are so petty that they add a sort of character. I really think us Apple fans are sometimes a bit too demanding on these small imperfections. If those imperfections do bother you enough, call up Apple for sure because you should be 100% satisfied. I just see such little things as quirks that make up a sort of "personality" for each MBP.

Overall though, AMAZING computer! Gotta love :apple:!

9. 244620, Nov 13, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  10. PDE macrumors 68020

And I thought I was obsessively particular! I'm sorry, but even I have to draw the line somewhere. If those are the only issues you have, I think you should count your blessings, sit back and enjoy your beautiful computer. Look around you on this forum and perhaps you'll get perspective.

Seriously, be happy and enjoy! The only thing I'd take it in for would be if the backlight really is uneven (and I've had plenty of those), but only if it's always visible. If you just notice it occasionally, I'd not risk getting a worse one. There are ALWAYS worse ones, so be careful.

Cheers!

11. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

I have the same defects as you do except the zit on the "M" part. Try not to worry about them and be happy about your Mac. :)

12. markgamber macrumors 6502

See, now aren't you sorry you posted anything here? What are these people going to do for you, anyway? Go to Apple and see what they say. They are the only people that matter.

13. omegasyn macrumors regular

After reading about your complaints I had thoughts of committing suicide.

If you do not like it, return or sell it.:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

14. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Mucho Gracias. Fixed