Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fbx

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Is there such a thing as a complete charge? My phone, put in the doc, never says it's got a complete charge. The green battery is present and I guess it looks fully charged (green all the way to the right) but that's the only indicator, ie, it doesn't "say" fully charged, or 100%, or anything.

Is this standard? If not, what's it supposed to do when fully charged?

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
When it is fully charged your battery icon will have a plug symbol instead of a lightning bolt and your big battery meter will be completly full and have a green glow to it.

Search the forums, there are many threads about this.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Is there such a thing as a complete charge? My phone, put in the doc, never says it's got a complete charge. The green battery is present and I guess it looks fully charged (green all the way to the right) but that's the only indicator, ie, it doesn't "say" fully charged, or 100%, or anything.

Is this standard? If not, what's it supposed to do when fully charged?

The battery indicator in the upper right hand corner should have a plug in it when fully charged. When it is charging it should be a lightning bolt.

EDIT: Dang few seconds too late....

Giies

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2007
I noticed that when my phone is fully charge, the battery meter does not have any glow at all, it looks as it was not charge fully, although, the battery icon show the plug in.

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I noticed that when my phone is fully charge, the battery meter does not have any glow at all, it looks as it was not charge fully, although, the battery icon show the plug in.

This is a common bug. I'm hoping Apple will fix this with an update. I've spoken to the Apple Geniuses as well, and they are advising to wait for the update, unless you've bought the phone in the past two weeks...then they said they'd exchange it.

KeegoSupremo

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2006
I don't have a plug or glowing after it charges. I let it charge all night the battery looks full but still has the lightning bolt.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.