vlug

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2009
For those that don't want to download something random, what is this please? :D

lorax3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
It is the iPhone 4 UIImages. Up until now these we all hidden in .artwork files. So now you can take these files, edit them and theme your iPhone 4 as you wish.

All we had before was the lower res files for 3G/3GS, these are the high res icons for the retina display. It includes all the icons that were not in springboard.app, like items in the status bar etc

sidewinder

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2008
Northern California
It is the iPhone 4 UIImages. Up until now these we all hidden in .artwork files. So now you can take these files, edit them and theme your iPhone 4 as you wish.

All we had before was the lower res files for 3G/3GS, these are the high res icons for the retina display. It includes all the icons that were not in springboard.app, like items in the status bar etc
Is there a utility to recompress the images once we have edited them?

S-

lorax3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
iPhone-shop worked in the past, not sure if it has been updated to deal with iPhone 4.artwork stuff.

If it is not, you can use these in Winterboard placing them Your theme/UIImages

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
Oh HELL yes! Thanks so much for the link! I've been fiddling around with trying to do this myself for the past several days; now I can quit banging my head against the wall. :D

ipad3g

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2010
Oh HELL yes! Thanks so much for the link! I've been fiddling around with trying to do this myself for the past several days; now I can quit banging my head against the wall. :D
Can someone explain how or what this file would be used for? I learned how to use SSH but was just wondering where all the icons are in this file. Also once you find the icons and make changes to them how to you use them in the iphone 4? Do you have to SSH and if you do, where would you put them?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.