Complete iPhone Simulator

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gsmlive, Nov 1, 2007.

1. gsmlive macrumors newbie

There is a simulator that shows complete iPhone functionality on http://www.gsmlive.ro/bloggsm/?p=190

You cannot view webpages with it, but you can see what the phone does, how to send a SMS, how to make a call etc.. I has most screens that the real phone has. Check it out.

2. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

3. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Nice find. Its pretty cool. Doesnt work well, but its pretty cool.

4. gsmlive thread starter macrumors newbie

Well it's not meant to function as the phone itself, just show what it can do. It that what you mean?

5. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

No, i just dont find it very responsive...It works for just show...

6. MacMonkee macrumors regular

MacMonkee

I wouldn't call it a complete iPhone simulator although is quite cool although I agree is quite unresponsive.

Still is a cool find :D

7. paulobrad macrumors regular

Cheers, nice post. US visitors must think it's proper lame as they visit the site with the actual beast in their other hand!

8 more sleeps to go...

8. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

we dont find anything "proper" .... :D

9. ibanana macrumors 6502

i can't see anything, doesn't work on Safari ?

10. shrewsburywolf macrumors regular

shrewsburywolf

Me either, I just see the top left hand corner of the phone :confused:

11. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

i'm i missing something it's not working? running firefox!

12. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Waited about a minute and nothing loaded...

13. shrewsburywolf macrumors regular

shrewsburywolf

Ah, got it working now, I clicked on the digg icon and then clicked on the link from digg to go back to the page.

14. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

I sense that the OP is blog spamming. Note the join date and post count :rolleyes:

15. aceducy macrumors member

You tell em with your bad eye-rollin blog spamming self, phungy! However, I think you're a newbie, and we've been having lots of problems with newbies lately on this forum with those post thingies and all that, so mind your manners cause everyone knows knewbies like us are all basically dumazzes and the general rule of thumb for IQ is 1% of your post count** so until you get at least 10,000 posts you're just to ignorant to speak with.

thank you,

The Management

**If you're moderator please divide your IQ result by 2. If you're the sysop, divide by 4 to achieve accurate IQ numbers

16. gsmlive thread starter macrumors newbie

Spam is if I'm trying to decieve you; I don't see how my post is doing that.

Yep, we built that simulator, and we want to know how you like it so we can improve it.
    It does not cost anything, and it's a nice service for someone without the actual phone to check it out - maybe before buying it.

So how is all this bad? I'll happily remove the post if you guys find it anoying or decieving. Is that so?

Thanks
    Rudi

17. gsmlive thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry for that, there was an issue with the page script in Safari and some Firefox versions as well. It should be okay now, though.

The reason for it beeing sometimes unresponsive is this: the entire data is about 2MB large. Since I don't want to keep you waiting, it shows stuff even after the first 10% is loaded. However, until the full package loads (there's a progress counter in the lower left) it may wait for data after you press some buttons/menus - it will work, only it'll be somewhat slower.

Thanks for the feedback, and I'd love to hear your comments or improvement ideas!

Rudi

18. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Rudi,

I think it's a very nice thing to have shared with people. Please ignore the kids around here; they don't appreciate the amount of effort it would take to do what you've done.

For those without an iPhone, it gives them a little heads up as to where things are.

Thanks very much!!

Kevin

19. zed2 macrumors 6502a

hmmm nice idea but it still doesn't seem to work for me using either Safari or Firefox on Leopard.

:(

20. gsmlive thread starter macrumors newbie

I only have a Mac Mini to test - Macs are pretty rare here in Romania :) and that's a shame!

You think I can put the Leopard on that? It's all down to some JS issues - Zed if you could send me anything that pops up in your Javascript console I might fix it - thanks!

Rudi

PS: Thanks Kevin!

21. Steve Jobs=God macrumors 6502

I can't get it to run on safari, firefox or opera

22. gsmlive thread starter macrumors newbie

I think I made it work, not sure it runs on Leopard as well, can someone please give me some feedback..

Thanks
    Rudi

23. zed2 macrumors 6502a

Yup safari on Leopard works fine... Doesn't seem to work on Tiger Safari tho. But who cares :p

24. gsmlive thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I guess I'll need to simplify it.. everyone making a browser makes it just a bit different, so that it's more fun fo us! :eek: