Complete Leopard Server Administration Book?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by ingenious, Sep 17, 2009.

1. ingenious macrumors 65832

ingenious

Virginia, United States (Kansan in exile)
    I"m looking for a book that will help me (as a sysadmin novice) learn about how to administer a 10.5.x Leopard Server box, akin to "The Complete System Administrator."

Any suggestions?

2. pdjudd macrumors 601

PeachPit has complete books for Leopard Server (though I would consider looking at the Snow Leopard Server books when they get out - they probably will cover newer technology and will have much of the same stuff targeted at Leopard server as well) - they are aimed at getting Apple certification (Apple uses them for coursework I think), but they are a great resource.

Apple Training Series: Mac OSX Server Essesntials
    Apple Training Series: Xsan 2 Administration: A Guide to Designing, Deploying, and Maintaining Xsan, Adobe Reader
    Apple Training Series: Mac OS X Advanced System Administration v10.5, Adobe Reader

And so on. There are lots of books depending on what you are trying to do and what your target for learning is.

Not to mention Apple's on server documentation from their website - I can't get the link for that right now though.

3. ingenious thread starter macrumors 65832

ingenious

Virginia, United States (Kansan in exile)