Complete loss of all button functionality

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Swisspo, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Swisspo macrumors regular

Swisspo

Title of the thread says it all. Jet Black iPhone 7 Plus 128gb. I've been using it for about a week, no issues. (Minus an annoying lag whenever I back out of any app.) However yesterday, I had an issue where I lose all functionality in the home, volume, and lock buttons. Today I had the same issue pop up. It lasts until I try to do a hard reset, where nothing happens for a few seconds and then everything tries to function at the same time. Volume spikes go up and down. IPhone takes a screenshot, lock screen goes in and out, and then everything returns to normal. Anyone else experience this yet by chance?

2. asfalloth macrumors member

asfalloth

I had this this for the first time today, I did a hard reset, even when it came back up it lagged so much I thought it hadn't made a difference, then all response came back.

It's been fine since.

3. noobinator macrumors 601

It happened to me one time about a week ago and it hasn't happened since. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it was a fluke.

4. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

If it continues I would DFU restore and setup as new. Sounds like a software conflict. This is particularly true if your backup was from a jailbroken phone. I also setup and new and just re-sync everything as majority of my phones were jailbroken.

5. michael9891 macrumors 6502a

I had this today on my 7+! First and hopefully last time. I was stuck in the mail app and could only scroll up and down.

6. erasr macrumors 6502

I had this today too. Seems we have an issue building up here!

7. Swisspo thread starter macrumors regular

Swisspo

I'm glad that I am not the only one experiencing this. I suppose I could do a reset and set up as a new iPhone to see if some kind of conflict was encountered somewhere along the way of my initial setup.

8. thesillygoose macrumors newbie

This happened to me too! I was just stuck in Snapchat and had to hard reset to get any buttons to work. Never had this happen before.

9. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I think this is more of an IOS 10 bug. I have had it happen on the SE during the betas.

10. anopy1 macrumors member

11. predation macrumors 6502a

When you resync, you get all the app data back? I.e., in KakaoTalk, I don't have to rejoin chats?

12. noobinator macrumors 601

Bumping this because it has happened to me probably a dozen times since getting it on launch day. I've done a full restore and set up as new but it still happens. Not all that often but it's still annoying!

13. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Same has happened to me twice but it has been weeks.

14. chrisu91 macrumors regular

Same thing just happened to me for the first time since launch day.

15. sammjordan macrumors member

I've had this happen probably 4-5 times since I got my 7+ on launch day