Complete macbook crash!please help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pineapple88, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Pineapple88 macrumors newbie

Hello there,
    i owe a brand new macbook pro bought on 30 december 2009.
    Not even two months old.
    Not to mention the fan problem that sounded like a helicopter that was fixed by itself now things are even worse.
    My macbook is completely frozen,even on spaces.
    Finder crashes,vlc crashes,pretty much every app crashes and the computer itself.
    Even when i scroll on the dock one-two times it freezes there and it continues after a while to work for 5 secs untill it becomes frozen again.i cannot even back up my data and copy files manually.I have that stupid error coming up that some files cannot be read or written.I called the apple care and i they told me to run disk diagnostics from the console,and it was ok.Even in safe boot my computer is frozen still.I dont know what to do.I am pretty new to the mac scene,as i wanted something more stable and reliable than windows,but my mac is proven the opposite.At least on windows i could back up my files even with copy-paste on safe mode.I got an appointment with a genius in two days but i wanna rescue my data.Btw, i installed the mac os x again and nothing happened.
    Please help.

2. MagicMouse macrumors regular

MagicMouse

Wow, that's a lot of grammatical errors... But I'm guessing you could just wait until you talk to the genius.

Not sure what any of us here could do for you.

I live where there is no Apple store for several hundred miles. My friend shipped his MacBook to Apple Care and got it back in 2 days! So good news is that if you do need to send if off it could be a fast turn around on repair.

3. Maczz macrumors newbie

4. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

Sounds like a bad hard drive.

Have you tried booting fscking?

5. MagicMouse macrumors regular

MagicMouse

Though I am currently using Windows 7 (waiting for MBP update) I would much rather run OS X out of those 2 options.

6. iSax1234 macrumors regular

those are fighting words

7. Pineapple88 thread starter macrumors newbie

i dont want windows 7. I wanna my macintosh back

sorry for the grammar mistakes.i am really frustrated to tell you the whole story.
    And i did that fsk thing when i called the apple care.the disk was ok.
    any ways to back up my data???

8. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

Do you have another Mac or an external drive?

9. Pineapple88 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i have an external hard drive.WD 500 gb formated to nfs to support mac format.