Complete Outage, voice AND data, Michigan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Foamer, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Foamer macrumors regular

Dont even get an E or 3G symbol,and cannot recieve calls (but can make them, even though they are very garbled and sound like robots).

Tried a hard reset with no results. Been this way since 12am, and I have missed a couple very important business calls because of it.

It is starting to get rediculous that there are data outages every few days. AT&T needs to get their crap together. It is not just my phone, but friends AT&T phones in the area too that are not getting data or incoming calls, so it is not just my phone, or specifically with the iphone.

Im in Grand Haven BTW, but even Grand Rapids doesnt work (just came from there)

EDIT: Now I am getting 'Your call can not be completed at this time, please try again later'

This is bullcrap. I am on call 24/7 for my job, and also rely on e-mail for my job. I have already missed two service calls today, and have been yelled at by the boss due to it. With layoffs going the way they are, the last thing I need is for AT&T to be pricks and take down service.

2. arm2820 macrumors newbie

yep i'm in detroit metro right now with no service at all. i'm not too happy about having to travel all damn day with no service.

3. LePigeonBleu macrumors 6502

Il

Traveled through Oak Brook, Illinois- no service either.

4. Foamer thread starter macrumors regular

This is getting old. 16 hours of no service. Thought they had the best and most reliable network according to their advertising....

5. spazattack674 macrumors regular

6. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Not working for me either in Ann Arbor, MI.
    My wife's 3G Nokia is getting signal. My 2G iPhone just says "Searching..." which suggests to me that the network is there but its not letting my phone connect.

7. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Probably because the lions went 0-16.

LOL.

But seriously, working fine for me in Chicago.

8. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

lmao at the lions

but yeah here in West Bloomfield we just got it back fully it seems.

i got kinda pissed about it, but at least it wasn't on a week day because more workers would be out and they would be extremely pissed lol.

Happy almost new year btw guys!

(also i haven't had it happen to me every few days???! whats wrong with your area? lol
    this is the first time its happened to me since like a year in a half when it happened before as well)

9. Hybrids macrumors newbie

My Iphone 3G did not have any problem in the burb of Chicago, but my wife Nokia did not work all day but look like they restored services about half hour ago. I tried to call the customer service or tech in the after noon but they were closed.

10. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

11. Robby9279 macrumors regular

Ironic don't you think? The Windy City didn't get blown over with the winds from Michigan! :p

12. ndheah macrumors regular

Perhaps you should not jump to conclusions.
    AT&T is not out, it's the towers which had a power surge.
    Blame your power company, not AT&T.

PS, it should be affecting everyone in the upper midwest, WI, IL, IN, MI, and parts of OH.

13. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

14. tylertech macrumors regular