Completely dead iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nStyle, Feb 13, 2011.

1. nStyle macrumors 65816

I just unplugged it from the computer moments ago...Used it a bit... then locked it. Now I tried to unlock it again to do something and it won't respond. I have held the top lock button in to try to get the power to go on and off but nothing happens.

The phone is not responding at all.

Anything left to try before I give up and go swap this out?

2. Actarus macrumors member

Try holding "home" and "Power" both during 10 seconds, this will force the shutdown. Release them, wait some seconds and press "Power" as usual to power on the iphone.

3. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

No don't release it hold the sleep and home buttons until the phone restarts and you see the Apple logo

4. sydia21 macrumors regular

sydia21

Is today a day for dead iphones??

My twitter app was acting up (not updating TT's) and I decided to delete it and redownload.

Well the download got stuck so I reset the phone. Now its stuck on the apple screen and will not load.

Any suggestions?

5. John Benitez macrumors member

Have you tried to reset it? Try holding down the home button and the button on the top till you finally get the Apple logo on the screen. If it is still not responding then you have to get in touch with a professional hardware repairer maybe there is a problem with the hardware.

6. efp722 macrumors regular

The same thing happened to me on Sunday. I was using it normally and then I took it out to cheek the time and it was dead. Plugged it un to iTunes with no response. Then I remembered the old reset trick (hold both buttons till apple logo).

It's been working fine ever since.

Oh and I have a Verizon 32gig iPhone