Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Saalexis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2013
I have an iPhone 4S and it will not boot up. I turned my iPhone off last night at 90% and now it wont restart. I tried restarting while disconnected to the charger, and no reaction. But when i plugged it into the wall charger, it reacted after I pressed and held the home and sleep button repeatedly. And when it responded, the red charging battery screen appears. As if the battery is completely dead. And so I went and put it into recovery mode. It would eventually charge up after a half hour then saying plug into iTunes.. (which I learned now was a big mistake) but it makes no difference. Whenever I disconnect the phone from the charger, it goes dead again and when I plug it into the computer, I have to restart from the red battery screen all over again. Once I begin the restore, once it prepares the iPhone, it reboots and then starts back at the red charging symbol again. I can't restore my iPhone at all. DFU mode does nothing either. Can anyone help me possibly figure out what went wrong with my phone? No damage has been done to it.. Thanks in advance.

Saalexis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2013
No. It's warranty expired in February. I'm still trying my best to get it to somehow charge up and do a restore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.