Completely Disable MBP Audio/Speakers???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xi mezmerize ix, Oct 11, 2010.

1. xi mezmerize ix macrumors 6502a

xi mezmerize ix

I want to disable audio output on my MBP, either entirely or just disable the built-in speakers. I don't want to mute it and be able to raise the volume and it'll start working again; I want there to be no possibility of sound unless I go back and fix what I changed. I know this sounds weird, but does anyone know how to do this? Thanks.

2. xi mezmerize ix thread starter macrumors 6502a

xi mezmerize ix

3. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

4. xi mezmerize ix thread starter macrumors 6502a

xi mezmerize ix

Alright I'll just be honest with you guys: my roommate is the most inconsiderate P.O.S. you'll ever meet and whenever I am doing work he feels the need to blast his god awful Guido music. He never puts headphones in or lowers the volume when I ask. If I don't find a way to disable his audio I am either going to beat the s*** out of him or find another place to stay. Disabling his speakers seems like the easiest option at this moment. So please someone help me out.

5. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Thanks for telling us your reasons and I understand your situation, however while I'm not trying to play the morals game I don't think it's right that you're asking people to help you screw over your roomate by messing with his computer. Just think how you'd feel if someone screwed with your computer behind your back? You should either talk to him about it or move.

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Sounds like you're not asking him in the right way. Are you at a university? You understand that messing with other people's computers can be grounds for disciplinary actions as a breach of privacy, right?

7. nwbusa macrumors regular

Yeah, I agree with the others... while I certainly can understand the frustration, messing with the other person's computer is probably not the best way to resolve the situation. Can you get someone (i.e. an RA) to intervene on your behalf?