Completely messed up my iPhone with iOS 5.0

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iPadPhone, Jun 8, 2011.

1. iPadPhone macrumors member

Ignored the advice of many people and upgraded it to iOS 5.0 using the gizmodo "trick". It doesn't work at all, tried to downgrade it and completely ballsed it up, the phone is running iOS 4.3.3 but when connected to iTunes comes up with "The SIM card in this phone does not appear to be supported". I have no idea what to do.

Please help!

2. funy macrumors member

it sounds as though its an imcompatibility with the baseband on the phone from 4.x to 5.0 - your best bet would probably to get a developer friend to add your uuid to their device list, then upgrade to ios 5 beta1 again.

If you dont know any devs you might have to buy a slot, though i would not recommend this as you could be ripped off, plus if the dev gets found out apple may shut down their developer account.

But by the sounds of it you are probably stuck at 5.x for now unless someone works out how to downgrade basebands as well.

3. funy macrumors member

just a thought, did you restore by putting phone in DFU mode first? also do you have your SHSH blobs for 4.3.3 stored on cydia/TU