Completely mystified about Titan's 2.5 Gt/s Link Speed

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by TheHerdForever, Mar 4, 2014.

1. TheHerdForever macrumors member

TheHerdForever

MacRumors Guru's:

After purchasing a flashed Titan (GK110-A) video card from MacVideoCards, I noticed that I have a link speed of 2.5 GT/s (which is PCI-E 1.0) when looking at the System Information Report in OS 10.9.2. Can someone tell me why I can't get a PCI-E 2.0 link speed of 5 GT/s as advertised on eBay when I bought the Titan video card from MacVideoCards? And please, this is NOT a bashing thread to anyone. I just want to know why I can not get PCI-E 2.0 speeds.

Thanks,
    Frank

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I would have said ask MacVidCards about it, because he is usually really good about answering these types of questions, but he is in time-out.

3. flowrider macrumors 601

flowrider

I am using a MVC flashed GTX 780 that also shows a link speed of 2.5 GT/s. When I contacted MVC about this, he explained to me that it was cosmetic issue and that the card actually was running at a link speed of 5.0 GT/s. He told me to try some tests, which I did, that proved his point.

For the life of me, I don't remember what they were:confused:

But, from looking at the performance data in CudaZ and other benchmarks, IMHO, MVC cards was being honest with me.

Lou

4. crjackson2134 macrumors 68020

crjackson2134

Lou,

Now that 10.9 is out, do you have OpenCL on this card?

5. flowrider macrumors 601

flowrider

Don't know yet:confused: I'm away on a family emergency and I'm staying in touch with my MacBook Air.

But. I did when I left. 10.9.1 and Web Driver Beta 07, just no Cuda at that time. Hope things will be different when I get back home.

BTW, my card is the GK110A version.

Lou

6. TheHerdForever thread starter macrumors member

TheHerdForever

Yes, Lou. MVC told me the same thing, but why isn't it showing in System Information??? And why does it have to be cosmetic? If I did runs tests that proved it is 5 GT/s, I would still feel the same way. Can someone else comment on this?

Frank

----------

Interesting...I'm running the latest web driver and Cuda versions under OS 10.9.2 and have no problems at all. I as well have the GK110A version for Titan.

Frank

7. TheHerdForever thread starter macrumors member

TheHerdForever