Completely Numb

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by wvuwhat, Jan 16, 2011.

1. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

Lost a best friend in a car accident this weekend the night of his 24th Birthday.

Grew up with him: school, cub scouts, etc. Kindergarten to 12th, I went to WVU and he went to Radford. Grew up the street over from him my entire <18 life. Just saw him last Tuesday for a poker game at my house.

I have honestly never cried about a death, ever... (all 4 grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc). But, I CANNOT get over this.

If you're old enough to have kids, please hug them, if you're not, know that you're not invincible and every day is something to treasure.

I honestly can't describe the feeling I'm getting at the moment.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Man that really sucks. I'm sorry for your loss.

3. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

I feel for you, what. Sometimes things hit us harder than we expect, especially things we didn't expect. You should keep a water bottle handy so you can cry this thing out. You got to let go so you can let go. Hang in there.

4. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

QFT. And I'll most definitely take your advice.

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. Please accept my condolences. :(

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

My sympathies. What a horrible thing to happen.

6. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Ditto.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

8. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Wow wvuwhat, that's tough stuff. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss. Grief is an individual thing, just take it one day at a time. Find some positive friends to vent to, cry with, process with, and just "be" with. The only way through it is to meet the emotions head on, don't turn to substances or other "escapes" because that will just mask the pain and put off the healing process. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

9. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

A friend I had grown up with was killed in a car accident a while ago. We had fallen out of touch for a few years, but it was so surreal because she had always been there, and then she wasn't anymore.

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. :(

Grief effects everyone differently and we have to find our own road out of it. I hope you find yours and are able to heal.

10. LeighAnna Jones macrumors 6502

I'm sorry for your loss.

Don't be sad that it's over; be glad that it happened.
    -Dr. Suess

Don't focus completley on the loss.

Remember all the great times you had together and be glad they happened.

11. wvuwhat thread starter macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

The funeral was today, there were at least 1,000 people there. That's a true testament to how great Adam was. However, it was still a tough day.

Thank you all for the support, there will be multiple bottles of Johnny Walker, Laphroaghe 18 year, and Gentlemen Jack in his memory this weekend.

Still, never burn bridges, hold your friend's close, and cherish every day you're here.