Completely remove JB APPS (traces..)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by esadb, Sep 23, 2010.

1. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

We all know that sometimes with JB Apps stuff doesnt always go as planned.

My question is, after installing stuff and removing through cydia.

How can I ensure I remove all the traces of a APP? And I for example an APP was not completely removed when I remove it, reboot, re-install and it still keeps the settings/msgs.. etc..

Im was just hoping for a thing like App Cleaner (MAC OSX) that can clean out all the junk thats left over. Just because these APPS seem to install all over the place at times..

Any of you guys have ideas?

2. Tomple macrumors 6502a

Tomple

3. esadb thread starter macrumors 65816

esadb

No.. Did you read the question? I didn't say I have no need for cydia.

What I mean is if I install an app lets say like BiteSMS.. I get bored of it.. go in Cydia.. hit uninstall. It uninstalls it.

I want to ensure that all the traces from biteSMS are removed and no junk is left over. As you can imagine with time I'm sure we install/uninstall a lot of JB Apps due to bugs/not liking or whatever..

So is there an APP such like that? Because Ive looked through the file system using iFile and it seems as if some APPS seem to go into all kinds of folders..

4. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

That guy clearly didn't read your post but I'd be interested as well, although I'm pretry sure the installations are clean and only go into private\var\mobile\applications

5. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

Cept Rock, that goes everywhere.

You can try to do a search for files with the relevant name with iFile?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

An uninstall will be fine.
    If you try to ssh and start removing stuff to save yourself a few KB of data you might run into problems removing things you're not supposed to.
    Leave it alone.

7. esadb thread starter macrumors 65816

esadb

Yah I tried that but the searching in iFile is kind of weird i find. It can't find stuff when I know its there.. Not quite sure how it works but it doesnt seem to work too well..

8. ivan300 macrumors member

I had a user at my work that copied some files into wrong locations. I used I-Funbox (http://www.i-funbox.com/ The iphone has to be jailbroken.) I found every trace of the files he misplaced.

9. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

really, unless you've installed/deleted something like vwallpaper (and had installed videos), you're not going to save any significant space, IF any apps have left a little bit behind... see applejuiced's comment above...

10. Tomple macrumors 6502a

Tomple