Completely reworking my setup.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by TSE, Mar 14, 2010.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

Hi guys, I have a Windows Laptop with the specs in the sig.

My mother just recently replaced her 20" Acrylic Apple Cinema Display with a new one, but it works perfect and she is giving it to me if I can use it.

It has the ADC to DVI cord, so I am pretty sure I should have no problems if I get a Female DVI to either Male VGA or HDMI (since I don't have DVI on my laptop). Is this a correct assumption? The old Acrylic displays can work with Windows 7?

Also, what would you guys recommend, a Female DVI to... HDMI or VGA??? Does it really matter?

Last question. :)

I also want to get a wireless Keyboard, and I really am in love with chiclet keys, the only keyboard I know of is the Apple Bluetooth keyboard that looks fantastic. Would you guys recommend a refurbished one from Apple for a full time Windows laptop? Any similar keyboards?

Thanks guys.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Is the DVI that display/cable DVI-I or DVI-D? VGA is analog and it has to be DVI-I to be able to transfer analog as well. I would get HDMI though because it might be better and you can use other devices such as PS3 and other computers.

AFAIK, wireless Apple KB only works with a Mac with OS X

from http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC184LL/A?aid=AIC-WWW-NAUS-K2-BUYNOW-KEYBOARD#overview

3. duky macrumors 6502

Apple keyboard works with any OS--windows, OS X, ps3.. They might be talking about function keys (dashboard etc)

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

MM, actually you're right. Apple just has misleading information in their website. I would still get a Windows KB because it all keys will work and with e.g. Logitechs, you can configure some buttons to do what ever you want