Completely stumped with drive permission problem :'(

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by chrono1081, Feb 12, 2009.

1. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I have an external drive which works fine in windows but when I plug it into mac it says that "External drive cannot be modified, you do not have sufficient permissions" I cannot change the permissions on my mac as there is no option (I am the administrator on both machines by the way) and when I put the drive in windows, I can do whatever I want with it on any windows machine. All permissions on the drive when in windows is "Full Control"

I have tried reformatting the drive on my mac to fat, nothing. I cant format it on mac os journaled because I use this drive on many windows machines. I've tried formatting it in windows several times and I still get the same issue.

Is there anything command line wise I can try? Or has anyone else had this issue? I know how to fix windows machines inside and out (I do it for a living) but the mac has me stumped and I cant find any options (that arent greyed out, like "verify permissions") to help my situation. If anyone has any suggestions Id be really appreciative :)

2. chrono1081 thread starter macrumors 604

chrono1081

Doh! I didn't have Paragon NTFS installed like I thought I did after I reimaged my machine. Thank you for the link :) Works now :)