Completely wireless control... Plausible?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lordofuo, May 5, 2010.

1. lordofuo macrumors regular

I have a new MBP13. (It will be gone for about a week to remove dust from under the glass. :( )

Would it be possible to control the computer from a different side of the room using an Apple Wireless Keyboard, Magic Mouse, and some way of wireless connectivity between a 21" monitor and my MBP?

What would be the best way to get video connection wirelessly?

I found some wireless HDMI connections, but they are super-expensive.

I also found some wireless VGA and DVI connections, but they too are pretty expensive. (But not as expensive as the HDMI ones... dang! :eek:)

Anyway, is there another way I could possibly do this? I have a separate desk for my MBP on the other side of my room from my PC's desk, but I really want to a larger screen and mouse functionality when i'm at the house.

Thanks

Alex :apple:

2. square one macrumors newbie

is the mac mini in your signature connected to the monitor. if so, you could use tumbuktu or remote desktop.

3. lordofuo thread starter macrumors regular

No, its using a separate, 19" monitor in my living room. Other people in the family are usually using that one most of the time. (Except for right now, since my MBP is out for repairs.)

I dunno. I might just go ahead and look into wireless DVI or something like that. :eek:

Alex :apple: