Completly lost on Jailbreaking!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Pilot2bombdier, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Pilot2bombdier macrumors newbie

Alright I've finally decided that I wanted to Jailbreak my iphone. The only problem seems to be that I don't know how! I've kind of looked through some threads and can't really seem to find a straight forward answer so maybe someone can help me.

My phone:
    1)3GS
    2)I believe it is the new bootrom?. Model starts with MC
    3)Never has been Jailbroken before.

Thanks!

2. mohangbits macrumors newbie

It will be great if you provide to which version you want to upgrade and jailbreak. To get the current version of your iPhone 3GS go to settings --> General --> About.

Here is a link which tells how to unlock and jailbreak.
    http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak...4.0.1-and-ipad-on-ios-3.2.1-with-jailbreakme/

Hope it helps !!

If not reply ;)

3. Pilot2bombdier thread starter macrumors newbie

4. thisisvick, Nov 17, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2010

thisisvick macrumors newbie

I have 3.2 Jailbroken

So I know I am a little late to the game.. but i got an original 3.2 Jailbroken Ipad which i had done earlier on jailbreakme.com - Ok so right now i got a bunch of jailbroken software *which i dont want to loose* and I really want to update cause my wifi connection always drops - and thats my main incentive for upgrading. I just wanted to know what my options are. Im running 10.01 Itunes on macosx snowleopard. Thanks again ;)

PS -oops sorry wrong thread =(