Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Archer02

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2019
hey dudes (and gals)

I have owned 3 iPod touches on my
Life
Just having bought the 3rd one due to the last one getting lost.

Anyway.. when I upload my music to it, the music doesn’t catergorise! The songs are all there but when I go into artists,
Heaps of them aren’t there.
I went into iTunes and renamed all the songs and made sure all the spelling is matching and correct.

The mp3 files worked fine on my last iPod. They’re exactly the same
Files that were saved to my USB drive.
I just copied and pasted them into my
New iPod via iTunes.
But for whatever reason the artists and sorting of them are all
Messed up.

Top of this list is AC/DC. I went through and checked the song info of every individual song so they all
Matching spelling, and it looks tidy and it is all there when you look at it on the iPod via iTunes

But when you go onto the actual device and into artists there is no AC/DC. The individual songs are there if you search for them but I need it to be tidy.

I’m really stuck.
Been mucking around for hours trying to work it out. The original MP3 files have different variations of the spelling Ac-dc acdc ect. But that’s still no reason why they shouldn’t be coming up under artists right?

deaglecat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
I would suggest getting an Mp3 tagging program. Artist and Album Artist are 2 different fields as far as I can remember.

Slix

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2010
Check the "Sort Artist" by going to iTunes and selecting the songs, then clicking File > Get Info > Sorting. Make sure they aren't something like "Various Artists" or something different. That would cause the artists to show up in different places on the iPod.

(I will note, however, that iOS's Music app has gotten worse with keeping the sorting correct compared to older iPods and iTunes itself, somehow... Can't help you on that one, sometimes my songs are simply in the wrong spot on my iPod touch.)

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
Ac/dc hates apple or visa versa, i use foobar for playback and organization because that program is better sounding and more friendly in my ipod touch 2010 and ipad 2017

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.