Complicated issue with transfers

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iphonehk, Jul 31, 2009.

1. iphonehk macrumors member

Need some help on this.

I was using a PC to sync my iphone. I just bought a Mac a couple of days ago and I want to change the sync to my Mac.

So a few things need to be synced.

1. Songs - extracted them using something found on senuti. So no problems with songs.

2. Videos - no worries again as I have back up.

3. Apps - I can download them again. From what I know, the paid apps will still be downloadable and I do not need to pay for it again as I have authorized my Mac to my itunes account.

4. Contacts - this is the problem part. How do I get my contacts to sync with my Mac?

I know if I do a clean sync, everything will get wiped out including contacts. How do I do a backup of contacts without losing them and also without having to retype each one individually after syncing?

Can I do a restore on itunes and hope itunes backs up my iphone? Also, how do I back up contacts on itunes? And no, I do not have mobile me.

Please help guys. Thanks in advance.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

3. iphonehk thread starter macrumors member

Opps. Thank you very much for the help. Appreciate it alot. Will sort things out on my mac now.