Complicated .Mac/MobileMe Upgrade Situation - please help!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by applemax, Jun 11, 2008.

1. applemax macrumors 65816

applemax

Hi

Currently I have 1 .Mac account and 2 email-only accounts (for 2 other family members) which are tied to the main account. I renewed the .Mac subscription on April 20th. Now, I want to get a MobileMe family pack. I'm not so sure that the email only accounts will transfer to MobileMe either. Anyway, do I upgrade my .Mac account (along with the email only accounts) now to a .Mac family pack for £40 (quoted price on .mac website for my account) ready for a free MobileMe family pack upgrade or do I wait until MobileMe comes out for an upgrade then?

Thanks
    :)

2. AboveTheChaos macrumors regular

Unless I'm missing something, I don't see a value of upgrading now.

3. applemax thread starter macrumors 65816

applemax

Well, I'm unsure if my email-only accounts will go to MobileMe and also the .Mac family pack upgrade cost is £40 (quoted price for me) whereas the cost of the MobileMe family pack appears to be £89

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Shouldn't be an issue either way, because if you upgrade now everything will transfer over to the new MobileMe service (and you'll keep the @mac.com addresses), and if you do it later, you'll get them then. The only thing is I haven't seen mention of email-only accounts in MobileMe, they may do away with those.

jW

5. a104375 macrumors 6502

a104375

If if was me I would probably call/email Apple to ask about it and depending on what they say make a decision on what to do. I would go with the .mac family upgrade because it would most likely be cheaper and like I said try giving Apple a call

6. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

I could be wrong, but once you've registered an @mac.com email address, I don't think Apple gets rid of it. They keep it available to you until you pay to use it again. If I'm right on that, the only question is how much it will cost you to get those email addresses working again.

7. applemax thread starter macrumors 65816

applemax

So are email-only accounts transferred or not?

8. AboveTheChaos macrumors regular

I would think they would transfer them. The best thing to do is call them up and ask to see how they handle it.