Complicated scenario...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by know-it-all5, Jul 9, 2008.

1. know-it-all5 macrumors 6502

Ok so here goes...

My father and I are both on sprint right now, and we hate it. Essentially we both want iphones from att. His contract expires in 1.5 weeks. My contract expires in 4 months. Bottom line is I am not waiting, so I will happily give sprint 200 bucks to get out of my contract, to get an iphone, my dad however has no reason yet, cause he has 1.5 weeks left, so he can wait till his contract officially expires, so he doesn't get charged the termination fee.

My dad and I decided we want to do a family plan. The thing is I can get my iphone on the 11th, and he wont be able to get his for 1.5 weeks. Can I start with the lowest priced individual plan for me to have an iphone, and then switch to the family talk plan in a couple weeks with him on it?

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

3. know-it-all5 thread starter macrumors 6502

good to here, that is if you are 100 percent positive. Anybody know how that would look on a bill?

4. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

more than likely they will prorate both "plans" for the number of days you will have used each. At least this is how I suspect it will work, as this is what they do when you switch between plans mid-month. So you will see partial charges for your individual plan, and partial charges for your family plan once you change over to it.