complication/glance ideas for a language exchange app

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by patent10021, Jan 11, 2016.

1. patent10021 macrumors 68020

patent10021

I'm thinking about some ideas for glances, complications etc for a language exchange app I'm working on.

You can chat and exchange languages. There's audio, translate text, search for users in specific regions, send location, finger drawing etc on the iPhone version. All the usual stuff.

I'd like to have some input from the community because I don't want to slap on a feature just for the sake of adding a feature just because it's a watch. I'd like to come up with something that warrants being implemented.

Thanks

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Are you talking about something like iTranslate?

3. patent10021 thread starter macrumors 68020

patent10021

Yes but it's a social app. Think of a Wechat/Snapchat for people who want to chat and exchange languages. It's just a chat app that provides both in-app text and audio translations. The focus is on language learning/exchange.

What glances/complications do you think would be useful for this kind of app? If you were learning a language via this app and had many friends from all over the world what would be fun/useful on a watch?

4. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Sounds a little like PhraseMates for Android (coming very soon to iOS).

5. patent10021 thread starter macrumors 68020

patent10021

I'm sure. Actually there are a few apps like this. But only one holds the global position by a long shot. If you use the app you'll know which one it is. It's specifically iOS based, not desktop like Rosetta or something. This is one of those WeChat like apps specifically created for language learning/exchange. Several million plus usr base. Been around since 2011.

6. nicho macrumors 68000

Are you working on that app or a competing one?

7. patent10021 thread starter macrumors 68020

patent10021

A different app. Totally different app with a totally different user base.