Complications Issue after update

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by brn2rnjk1, Sep 23, 2016.

1. brn2rnjk1 macrumors regular

I just updated my iOS and it seems that I have no more "complications". When I open it up on the iPhone there is only one app listed. And when I go to swipe up, I only get the complication on turning off phone, nighttime etc.). What changed? Thanks.

2. macfanrutler macrumors regular

macfanrutler

I am having the same issue but it is with my new watch. I have plenty of apps listed in the complications section of my Apple Watch app on the phone I just can't get to them on my watch.

3. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

Worth rebooting both devices first. If that doesn't work, try unpairing and repairing. The latter can fix a lot of problems after updating.

4. brn2rnjk1 thread starter macrumors regular

Did that. Now no programs showing in complications on iPhone. And do you no longer swipe up to get a complication?

5. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

OK. Previously, you swiped up and then sideways to show Glances. They've been replaced now by a number of apps that show and update in the Dock. To open the Dock, press on the side button below the Digital Crown. I think you're confusing Glances with Complications.

6. brn2rnjk1 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes you are correct. I meant glances. You explained it correctly to me. Thanks. BTW-what happened to the heart beat glance?

7. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

Still there, but should be in the Dock. If not, you can add it by opening the Watch app on your iPhone, tap on Dock, and edit the apps you want in the Dock.

8. Iceage macrumors 6502

Same problem here with ESPN and AccuWeather apps.

9. Der Keyser macrumors member

Der Keyser

I have the same issue, but if I customize the watchface on the watch it self, I can select the accuweather complication in any field. It works, but the field remains empty when looking at it in the iphone waych app.

10. CobraPA macrumors 6502a

Developers need to make a change to apps for the new complication gallery on the iPhone watch app. So if you are not seeing them there, that is something they will need to fix.

As someone noted earlier, the swipe down to see a glance view was removed in watchOS 3, so you won't see that on watch anymore.