Complications you wish existed

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by leonagano, Jan 4, 2016.

1. leonagano macrumors newbie

I think show digital seconds is the most wished one...What else do you wish existed?

2. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

Heart rate as of last check and maybe average for the past xx hours. Something as simple as 65/70.

Step counter/miles current as of last update no later than 30 minutes old. Something as simple as 6,000/3 miles

Scoreboard for sports having more than just one game if you use the center complication on modular. As current as possible.

As a start

3. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

I'm coming around to the idea that digital seconds in the Modular watch face would be useful.

4. dwfaust macrumors 601

dwfaust

Sports scores. With the plethora of sports score apps (The Score, Yahoo Sports, ESPN, BleacherReport, etc), why are there no watch complications for displaying this information?

5. jasie02 macrumors 6502a

jasie02

A complication icon to start/stop any gps app's data tracking without move away from watch face. Simply change to different icons when in not-use or recording state. Great for running, cycling, hiking mapping.

6. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

7. theshoehorn macrumors 6502

I think the issue here is the complications aren't allowed to update frequently enough to make it worth while... It'd be like seeing a "live" score from a game that is 45 minutes old. That could have changed a lot since then, but I do agree it would be nice to have that with immediate updates!

8. dwfaust macrumors 601

dwfaust

I understand the issues, but the premise of the thread is "Complications you wish existed". I wish there were sports scores complications. Seems like it would qualify.

9. convergent macrumors 68030

convergent

Pedometer++ does what you want with steps. Mine currently says "957 - 0.8km".

10. Artofilm macrumors 6502a

Artofilm

Download "Loseit" and you can use the complication that'll show you the amount of calories you have left based on the food you have entered for the day so far.

11. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I want a Music watch face which displays artwork of current album playing and has complications for previous/next tracks and pause.

12. MacCubed macrumors 68000

MacCubed

+1 for sports scores, it is much easier to raise your wrist and see them, rather than swiping to glances to get the scores

13. xDKP macrumors 65816

xDKP

Yeah basically like the iPhone when playing actually - I'd really like a Spotify watch face as well - and dynamically available when I start and use Spotify on my phone please (again just like the iPhone lock screen)

14. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Heart rate (either last check or an average over the last hour)
    Sports ticker (with just teams/leagues I select)
    Wink shortcuts (or similar connected home stuff)
    Turn my iPad on silent mode
    A Find my Friends update, Like "MOM: home" and it rotates among various friends
    If your phone can unlock a car, a complication to give you car status or something like that.

I could probably go on, but a lot of them are pipe dreams since I don't think hardware would support it. Like if the watch could monitor blood sugar, blood pressure, blood oxygen, etc., those would be great.

15. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Thanks for the tip. I have been using MyFitnessPal which does not have this option at the moment. I will look into your suggestion.

16. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I'm not a big fan of the music glance because when I quickly need to pause a song I swipe up and then have to find the screen that glance is on before I can pause it. Just put it on the watch face.

17. xDKP macrumors 65816

xDKP

Didn't mention it as a glance - as you said I just meant it as a watch face, but activating when you use your music app

18. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I know. I'm saying I don't like the music glance that's why I want a watch face + complication.

19. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I know other have mentioned but would have loved to see HR on the watch face all the time . . . . maybe the AW 2 will!

20. Corsig macrumors regular

Had the Apple Watch almost from the beginning. I still can't believe I can't look down and see how many steps I've taken without going through multiple screens. For a watch that was promoted as a fitness tool they haven't supported that as far as I can see

21. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

I wish I could display more than one stock price.