Component capture problem with Black Magic Video Recorder

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by AmazingDonut, Mar 7, 2009.

1. AmazingDonut macrumors newbie

Hello, everyone. Before reading my post, please keep in mind that I'm not that good with grammar and don't know that much about video. So if you don't understand what I'm saying at some part, just tell me. XP

I just got my Black Magic video recorder the other day and I decided to test it out. I found out that I could capture just fine from my Nintendo Wii, but I couldn't with my Xbox 360. I went into the video settings for my Xbox 360 and set the quality as low as possible, to 480p. Still, the picture was doubled, and was always a weird color. Most of the time, green. I thought it might be the cables, so I bought a new pair. Still...the same problem. I tried using an extension cable, but still. Only Composite workss.

Help? :(

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

The BM video recorder isn't compatible w/480p. It's 480i or nothing.

Lethal

3. HarryXbox macrumors newbie

Problem with Black Magic Video Recorder

Lethal

I have also been struggling to capture wide screen, HD - the BMVR claims H.264 yet the picture quality I am getting is poor and not widescreen. Is this the wrong data capture and if so what would you recommend to work with Mac - Ive been trying to find something now for a year.

I am trying to record game play off Xbox and Wii

Thanks for any help you can provide me too