Composer search gone in iTunes 8?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by boffo, Nov 22, 2008.

1. boffo macrumors newbie

Why can't I search by composer any more in iTunes 8?

In iTunes 7, composer was one of the options in the drop down menu attached to the search box, but in iTunes 8 it has gone and the only options are All, Album Artist and Name.

I used to use the search by composer option quite a bit since lots of classical groups are named after composers (Monteverdi Choir, Alban Berg Quartet ...), and many contemporary composers are also performers (Pierre Boulez, Thomas Ades ...)

I know in the first case I could search for "Monteverdi, Claudio" instead, or just ignore the spurious results, but that's a bit less clean and more inconvenient.

Does anybody know where composer search has gone and why, and whether there's any way to bring it back? I can think of no good reason why this feature should have been removed, unless Apple just hates people who listen to classical music.

boffo

2. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

I still have it with iTunes 8.0.2

Attached Files:

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

4. boffo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for that.

I checked and I can also see it when I'm browsing via Library, but not within a playlist, smart or otherwise. I think this must be a bug which I'll now report to Apple.

So Apple doesn't hate me after all. I've calmed down a bit now.

5. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

*smacks head*

6. JonathanLynn macrumors newbie

composers gone in iTunes

Did you ever find an answer to that? I can still see composers on the iPod, but it's gone from the main layout in iTunes which makes it impossible to organise collections of classical music.