Composing sentences with Siri

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dailo, Oct 15, 2011.

1. dailo macrumors regular

Anyone have tips on how to compose multiple sentences with Siri? I was hoping to use Siri to avoid typing out long emails, but wasn't sure how to deal with punctuation. I tried saying period at the end of my sentences, but it doesn't space it out correctly. Was just wondering if anyone has already experimented and has any tips.

2. terraphantm macrumors 68040

what do you mean it doesn't space correctly? I am dictating this message right now and everything seems fine.

3. rodman109110 macrumors 6502

I tried it out and it seems to work ok for me.

Saying "period" gives me a period and then it starts a new sentence with one space after the period.

4. screensaver400 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

What's wrong with that? There should only be a single space between a period and the start of the next sentence when using proportionally spaced fonts.

5. tourada macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'm dictating right now it's working just fine. It's grammatically correct to have one space after the period anyways.

6. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

If I say "period" where I want a sentence to end, she handles it correctly.

7. james92se macrumors 6502a

I've found it works great too for multiple sentence dictation. You can say "yada yada yada comma yada yada" and it will actually type out "yada yada yada, yada yada".

Periods, exclamation points, question marks all work great too.

I'm very impressed.

8. johnnymg macrumors 65816

johnnymg

Similar question here:

When I say send an email to Joe:

I say the first sentence and then "period". But if I pause for more than a VERY brief amount of time Siri will automatically stop the message and ask if I want to send it. Is there a way to keep Siri from automatically terminating the message?

thanks
    JohnG