Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by rweakins, May 24, 2007.

  1. rweakins macrumors 6502


    May 3, 2007
    i think it's called compositing not sure. but i saw this video with the effect that time had stopped. items that were normally in motion were stopped but two people in the scene moved as real time.....any idea how this is done?
  2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3


    Jan 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Yes, the term is compositing and even though I'm not a VFX guy I think it would go something like this:

    1. Shoot the background w/no one in it.
    2. Shoot the actors that are going to freeze on a green screen.
    3. Shoot the actors that are going to keep walking on a green screen.
    4. Go into an application like After Effects, Shake, Flame, etc., and combine all the layers together so it looks like a single shot.


Share This Page