Comprehensive SSD Guide for new user?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by SkillsToShow, Jan 30, 2010.

1. SkillsToShow macrumors regular

Hello, I have been looking through the forums for a ssd guide for new users. After reading all the reviews and hearing that about the speed increases and its ghostly quietness I bought an intel ssd 80GB G2 from Amazon.

I have been searching for a comprehensive guide for ssd's, mostly for the unibody macbook, but havent found much. Is there a guide out there that will show me how to install the ssd and what to do after I install the ssd. Like tweaking some options on my macbook to get the best performance out of my intel ssd.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Installing an SSD is the same as installing any other hard drive in a Macbook. Check out ifixit.

3. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

What miles said on the physical install.

Not sure what you're thinking needs to be tweaked?

4. SkillsToShow thread starter macrumors regular

Installing the SSD seems to be easy enough. :)

But as for the tweaking I remember reading somewhere a while ago that I should turn off some settings in my macbook if using a ssd but I cant find that thread anymore.

Like how in Windows 7 it automatically tweaks some of its settings to fit for the ssd.

5. SkillsToShow thread starter macrumors regular

There recently was a new ssd optimization guide for windows 7 if anyone was interested: Windows 7 SSD Optimization

I am looking for something like this but for OSX users.