Compressing Videos shot from Iphone 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pureelite1, Feb 7, 2010.

1. pureelite1 macrumors member

I recently shot a video using the camera on the Iphone 3GS. It was over 7 mins long and its 198 MB! This is not a desirable size since i wish to upload it, so i was wondering if anyone can tell me a FREE software which i can use to compress it and maintain the same quality. By the way i am using the 27" Imac so any software should be for mac. Thanks,

2. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Check out MediaCoder, free and open source

But whatever you do it with, compressing does cost you on quality, it's a trade off. Like (for example) I could offer you 90% compression with 30% loss of quality, or 50% compression with 10% loss of quality. Which would you choose?

3. pureelite1 thread starter macrumors member

Could you please provide a link for the download for MAC? I googled it and i found the setup.exe which doesn't open i think those files are for windows since it doesn't say .dmg. A link would be really helpful, thanks

4. Lamonster macrumors regular

Lamonster

5. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Ooops apologies. Here's the link:

http://www.mediacoderhq.com/download.htm

However, I re-read it and apparently it runs on Mac under Windows emulation. The link for that is there.