Compressor MPEG2

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by pamboat, Mar 26, 2008.

1. pamboat macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am using compressor 2.0 and I am trying to convert to MPEG-2 however I want the audio and video in the same source. I don't want them as two separate files. I feel like I've tried everything. Does any one know how to do this?

My company sent me how to do it on compressor 3, but I don't have the same options on compressor 2.

Thanks!

2. OttawaGuy macrumors 6502a

OttawaGuy

compressor2 manual
    Cheers

Attached Files:

3. -DH macrumors 65816

In Compressor 2, select an appropriate preset and duplicate it. Next, double-click the duplicated .m2v preset to open it in the Inspector window. Click on the Extras tab. Uncheck the "Include DVD-SP Metadata" option but DO check the "Mulitplexed MPEG-1/Layer 2 Audio" option. This will create an MPEG-2 Transport video stream with multiplexed MPEG 1, Layer 2 Audio (.m2t). After the encoding completes, you can change the file extension from .m2t to .mpg or .mpeg and it should play fine in any capable MPEG-2 player. Note that QuickTime Player won't play it unless you've purchased and installed the MPEG-2 Playback Component from Apple.

I use this process all the time for supplying commercials and PSAs for cable insertion. The local cable company loads them onto their server for automated playback. If you plan to do this often, you can save it as a droplet and in the future, just drag the movie file onto the droplet for processing.

-DH

EDIT: OttawaGuy got it right ... and first too!

4. pamboat thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah. ok. So I have tried that before and I noticed that it becomes an mts or m2t file or whatever it is. I tried changing the extension and you are right it doesn't work in quicktime..

But do you know of any Mpeg players that I can use that it will work in (which is free to download...?) And you are compleetttely positive it will work, yes? I just don't want to send it in and have the company say.. nope sorry!

THANKS!!

5. -DH macrumors 65816

It's always worked for me. Just ask them the specific requirements they need; frame rate, max bit rate, file extension type, etc.

For playback on a Mac, MPEG Streamclip or VLC Player should do it (both work fine on my Macs).

-DH