compressor not connecting to background process

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by michaelengel13, Mar 21, 2009.

1. michaelengel13 macrumors newbie

Compressor Academic at first would unexpectedly quit when choosing submit after importing a 'preencode file' from fcp. After running Disc Warrior, which did identify one or two problems in several folders, the compressor does not quit but a box pops up with message that 'it can not connect to background process.' This G5 dual processor has been successfully compressing my fcp videos for the last 5 years. Any ideas why not now and - or how to fix??

2. michaelengel13 thread starter macrumors newbie

compressor unable to connect to background process

thanks DH for the article on this problem. i do have fcpHD 4.5 and dvd studio pro 3. i do not have access to the internet from that computer which is a different issue. can i do some of what the article suggested that is.......

If... you have both Final Cut Pro 4 and DVD Studio Pro 3 then do the following:

Reinstall Final Cut Pro 4 and download and install all updates.
    Install DVD Studio Pro 3 making sure to select "Custom" and uncheck Compressor to install only DVD Studio Pro and A.Pack.

..... but only do the reinstallation of my two original softwares without any updated downloads installed??

mir me

ps. love your quote, as a public school teacher dealing with NCLB and the many standards and standards of standards and the nonstandard ways to evaluate standards....... oh goody, let's just forget the children and have a big standards blast together.......?!