Compulsive 'lagging'

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Eniri, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Eniri macrumors newbie

Eniri

I got a MacBook with 2GB of RAM for lectures. Aside from the internet, taking notes, and music, I haven't added any outside programs and kept all of it's software updated. It's really just a place for me to keep notes.

The problem is even if I'm running a single program, such as 'Pages' for notes in class, between almost every other word my computer can't seem to keep up. It's even worse on the internet. Between pages, multiple times on a single page, and even between username and password boxes it lags. I've been looking for a solution myself, as bringing it into the shop would wreck havoc on my notes from lectures, and being in sciences I can't just take partial notes.

(Although this is another problem entirely and belongs on a different forum almost at the exact same time my itunes started to lag as well (Not skip), for a single second before playing again about ever six or seven seconds. I only have one song on my iTunes because I'm completely reconstructing my library. If the two are related and have a single fix, my life would be saved.)

2. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

What are the specs for your MacBook? Processor, RAM (which you've stated), HDD (total space and free space), Mac OS X version.

Depending on your model, the recommended course of action could be different.

3. Eniri thread starter macrumors newbie

Eniri

Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Memory:[​IMG]
    Mac OS X Version: 10.6.6

(I'm obviously not a computer type, so I just took an image of the memory stats.)

4. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Well your stats look pretty good. What are you normally running? You could take a picture of the area of the Activity Monitor with all the processes running, organized by % of CPU.