CompUSA Liquidation Update

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by osxnewbe, Dec 12, 2007.

1. osxnewbe macrumors regular

CompUSA is starting their liquidation sale today. I checked our local store and Macs are included on the sale but currently only at a 5% discount so in my mind its not that great of a deal. However, accessories were at 10% off right now along with iPod accessories (iPods were 5% off).

According to the business rep that had my corporate account, they will be stepping up the discount as the move along I just don't know if there will be any macs in stock by the time they get to 10 or 15% off

FYI...

2. just02 macrumors member

3. tikitommy macrumors regular

When they closed the stores in IL a couple years ago, they start with a small discount, to entice the first wave of people, then slowly increase the discounts. It's really tough to get an amazing, amazing deal because its tough to judge that middle point between you know the deal can get better and the deal was good enough that everyone else already jumped on and all you have left is fixtures. I do remember buying a 160 gig sata internal drive for $20...

4. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

5. Korwin macrumors newbie

If you mean will there be any deals on the website, pretty sure the answer is no. While the website could check inventory at stores, and even do in store pickups, in most cases what you buy online is drop shipped directly from Ingram Micro/techdata and not directly from store inventory.

The domain name, portions of the website, and its customer list are considered assets, and its rumored TigerDirect is interested in them.

The current scene in house since Monday has been people writing resumes, taking phone interviews and surfing dice.com and other job related sites. All project work has halted, one of which was PCI/CISP compliancy, which CompUSA is not compliant with. With the developer types backing up code to thier personal laptops and external hard drives for refrence at their next employer, I would estimate the risk of customer transactional information walking out the door extremely high.