Computer Anorexia!

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by taylorwilsdon, Sep 16, 2007.

1. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

Its a terribly nice disease that is slowly infiltrating the PC world, and hopefully the Mac side of things will follow suit.

For comparison purposes, my SZ650n weighs less then 4lbs and has a 13.3'' screen.

The X505ZP (small one) is about 1lb and has a 10'' screen. I got it at a real bargain price a while ago and I really never used it, but I've got it back up and running now (it needed SP2 to run office 07) and its still a treat to use.

[​IMG]

Compared to my 3lb, 12'' Thinkpad X60.

[​IMG]

And finally, the model shot. If Apple released a computer that looked like this, I'd happily plop the 4k sticker price of this bad boy down.

[​IMG]

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Many people are hoping for an ultra-portable Mac. It would have to run Leopard, and so would probably need an SSD to at least partially make up for low processor power. It would be nice, but I don't see it until at least WWDC '08...

3. taylorwilsdon thread starter macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

This bad boy only has a 1.1ghz pentium m (single core of course) and it runs a 1.8'' hdd, similar to the ones in older ipods. It can also use SSD's with a little modification, but the point is that ultraportables don't need all the solid state/dual core crap to work great. Office runs fine and I can get a day's worth of note taking off fine with 3 batteries.

4. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Talking about batteries, where the heck do they go?

5. taylorwilsdon thread starter macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

Its the round thing between the screen and the main part. It fits in between that green ring of light and the other side of the laptop. With the battery out, its a frickin wafer.