computer cuts video conversions short.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kevinlock, Jul 12, 2007.

1. kevinlock macrumors newbie

Computer Specs: 20" iMac, Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM, 250GB HDD, 128 ATI X1600 Mobile.

Let me explain my problem with a series of true-to-life examples:

I wanted to join PartOne.avi of a movie with PartTwo.avi to make one concurrent movie as i do not burn VCDs. So I open up ffmpegX and the program runs fine, I hear the process completion *ding!* and begin to watch the movie, It gets to a random spot (anywhere from 30 minutes to right around the end of the movie) and quits fullscreen because that's the end of the file. Um.... no, it isn't Mr. Computer.

So I crack out VisualHub (v1.26) and convert PartOne.avi and PartTwo.avi to avi files, check "Stitch Videos Together" and begin the process. A good while later I'll here the process completion *ding!* and begin to watch my movie, again, the track ends at another random spot in the movie.

This also happens with movies that aren't in two parts, it will make them DVD-R file, burn it and then it will stop at a random spot.

It seems like it's trying but then just gets tired of converting so it just tells me that it's finished. This has also happened when using VisualHub to convert avi files to a DVD-R for playback. It basically ruins the DVD-R because of this problem. Am I experiencing a codec conflict? If so, how do I go about removing all the codecs? Is it a hardware issue? I have recently reformatted (Vista boo-boo caused the wipe) and it was pitch-perfect before.

Please help!

Thank you. :)

2. kevinlock thread starter macrumors newbie

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Codecs can be found in /Library/QuickTime/Components. Removing them is a simple matter of dragging them outside that folder, then restarting QuickTime Player (and any other apps that use QuickTime, or simply logging out and back in) for the change to take effect.

4. kevinlock thread starter macrumors newbie

the program you suggested, though very nice, did not fix my problem. i'm extremely irritated by this as i burn DVD-RWs frequently to watch on my TV.

:(