computer does not support video conferencing

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jshaab2, Sep 13, 2010.

1. jshaab2 macrumors newbie

hey yall ive had my macbook for a year now and this is the first time im having this problem - im in ichat and i want to video chat with my friend and it shows that i can only talk and not video - next to my icon it has the phone option not the video option . when i click on the phone a screen pops up and says my computer does not support video confrenceing . can yall please lead me in the right direction

2. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

The right direction is that your computer doesn't support conferencing. Not much you can do about that.

Have you been able to do it before on the same computer?

3. Kiriga macrumors newbie

Kiriga

First of all, make sure your iSight is working properly. Open Photo Booth and if you can see yourself on the screen, then it's working fine. If not, you might have an issue with the iSight.
    Secondly, try Skype. Give it a go and in the Preferences menu, go to Video and you should be able to see yourself again. If not, adjust the settings accordingly. Then, ask your friend/family member/colleague to download Skype too and use that instead. Or maybe you can tinker with your current conferencing program, so you can make it work.