Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ccrazie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
I have a 2006 built Macbook pro with Snow Leopard now, although it was doing this on its old operating system as well.

This issue sort of comes and goes, as it doesn't do it all the time, so I don't know if theres something I'm doing that sometimes prevents it or starts it. The DVD drive is actually broken, and the battery is on its last leg, both of these I'm going to have replaced in due time.

All it is, is that when I close my laptop, or even if I put it to sleep manually with it open, after like 10 seconds the dvd drive will wake up and act like its reading a disc or ejecting one and then go back to sleep. So it does this like every 10 seconds or so of coming back on and going back off more or less. I noticed that the screen will come back on as well, so if my laptop isn't plugged in, the battery will get drained in like half an hour.

I haven't been able to find similar problems before, so maybe it's a hardware issue with the DVD drive thats broken. Is there a way to turn it off or disconnect it since I don't use it anyways?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.