Computer History Research Project

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by tycheong, Jan 13, 2009.

1. tycheong macrumors member

so i'm doing a short research project for school about the history of computers and how computing changed over the years,
    but its mainly about what the first computer was and who created it
    i have found all the sources i need except for a primary source material which my teacher defines as an interview i conduct, an interview transcript, a letter, diary entry, etc
    if any of you have an interview transcript, or have conducted an interview and have a hard copy of one...please send the the link or page to tycheongster@gmail.com
    thank you!

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

By definition, that makes it secondary, as you're not the one that is carrying out the interview... You need to interview someone yourself, not use someone else's, unless I have my definitions wrong...

3. tycheong thread starter macrumors member

4. tycheong thread starter macrumors member

secondary, yes, but the teacher has allowed a transcript of an interview that has already taken place as a primary source

5. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

tbh, if you do a quick google search, there's a many an interview of early Steve Jobs or early Bill Gates talking about computers when they were just starting up.

Coming on here and asking other people to provide you with material for your work seems a bit, lazy... I'd suggest you atleast look for interviews, as there is many a archive (or museum as stated by garybUK) out there which will be relevant to you...

6. garybUK Guest

garybUK

Are you just looking at Personal Computers or computing on a whole? If computing then (if your in the UK) you can visit Colosus 2 (reconstruction of the worlds first Programmable computer) at Bletchley Park.

7. techie4life macrumors 6502

I had a speech class a few years ago, and I chose this topic for one of my major speeches. The outline was pages and pages long. It's a fun topic, I wish I could find my Word document of the outline for you. I'll keep looking.