Computer Illiteracy, HELP!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Jasonbot, May 18, 2007.

1. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

My mothe ris computer illiterate. SHe's been using computers longer than I've been alive and yet still needs to know what to click to open ms word. And when in the programme she knows NOTHING. I've even tried allowing her to use the mac as it's technically easier than a PC for the basics.

She has issues adding page numbers, using the tab key, adding bullets, changing fonts, zooming in+out of documents and much more. I need help (as well as her) My self contol keeps getting pushed over the edge further and further-I just repeatedly hit my hand against a granite table in rage:eek:

I don't think it's a general computer thing, maybe just just an MS office thing? She also has loads of issues with that MS mail thing! Can someone give me some tips for dealing with computer illeteracy people? Should she go on a PC course to learn about PC's? Or will a mac course cover extensive Word processing in MS word so that I can keep my sanity?

2. Queso macrumors G4

Get her one of the Idiot's Guide books. They really do help to explain things in non-technical terms.