Computer Information Sciences Degree

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by werepanther, Mar 11, 2011.

1. werepanther macrumors newbie

I know this is a topic that is covered over and over again on this specific area of the forum but I want to be assured that I am on the right track.

I am currently majoring in Computer Information Science and my goal is to be, like everyone else on here, an Apple developer. Since I dont attend a very technical school (Dallas Baptist University) I was wondering where I should take it from here? I have been trying to spend my time teaching myself C and Coca.

I have a great idea for my first app but I am still making sure all the legal stuff is good to go and it will be a while before I can produce something worthwhile and it won't just flop due to bad design.

2. JustSomeDude, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011

JustSomeDude macrumors regular

Even if you attended a very technical school, you would still pick up a lot of useful knowledge outside of your academic studies, so keep working on your own stuff (along with school work, of course). Working on your own projects will also show employers that you are passionate about programming and are willing to learn.

I would suggest making apps (and programs for other systems) for yourself and friends before concentrating on making something to sell. That way you can concentrate on the learning side instead of splitting time with the business aspects.